Next Chapter San Francisco Trade Tasting
Wine Australia is hosting a trade & media day in San Francisco on January 14th. Please join us for an in-depth look at the ‘Next Chapter’ for Australian wines.
RSVP FOR THE 'NEXT CHAPTER' TRADE TASTING HERE
What’s the latest with the Australian category and what’s on the horizon? Our afternoon tasting will be a one-stop shop to get up to speed on Australia.
- Trade Tasting - Visiting winemakers and wineries will showcase new releases and vintages, diverse and modern styles, beloved classics and interesting varieties.
- Shiraz focus table – Discover the changing world of Australian Shiraz through its regions. From cool-climate to warm-climate styles, the diversity of Shiraz will be revealing and surprising.
- Blind Tasting Challenge – Test your palate with a global blind comparative tasting. The top taster will win a trip to Australia in May 2013. Hint, hint: attending the seminars will help with the challenge.
- Seminars - Matt Stamp MS, Education Manager for the Guild of Sommeliers, will lead two seminars with several visiting winemakers, including, Ian Riggs of Brokenwood Wines in the Hunter Valley and Matt Fowles of Fowles Wines, Strathbogie Ranges. In part one, Classic to Contemporary Australia, you’ll explore the stylistic evolution of Shiraz and see how viticulture, site and shifting attitudes have affected Australia’s champion variety. Part two, Contemporary to Curious Australia, will follow the same theme but through the eyes of other varietals (including Semillon, Riesling, Chardonnay and Grenache), contemporary wine styles and a few surprise outliers.
- Market Update table - get a market update on the state of Australian wine in the USA: stats, trend-spotting and Q&A, hosted by Angela Slade, Regional Director North America.
Date: January 14, 2013
Farallon Restaurant, 450 Post Street, San Francisco 94105, United States
1:00pm – 4:00pm Trade Tasting & Blind Tasting Challenge
1:15pm – 2:00pm Seminar Part 1: Classic to Contemporary Australia
2:30pm – 3:15pm Seminar Part 2: Contemporary to Curious Australia
RSVP here or email Shelley Hamer-Jackson